Welcome to our blog!

Hi, thanks for stopping by our photo blog! I'm Anna, the person behind all of the blog posts you're reading! I work with my husband Travis, aka TT, a wedding and portrait photographer for MD/DC/VA area. What you'll find here is our latest photography work, our life, passion, family, and all the moments that I want to remember about everything else that happens in our lives. We'd love to hear from old friends and new friends so don't hesitate to leave a comment / subscribe us to get the latest blog posts.
By the way, be prepared for some music pumping on here as it's loading; Turn your volume up/down, put on your headphones ;) Enjoy


email embrace @ embracephoto . net ; anna @ embracephoto . net ; travis @ embracephoto . net ;
phone anna 240.506.1491 travis 703.608.8152


Thursday, July 16, 2009

A mini vacation

Where have we been? VA Beach! Yes, we came back from a mini vacation last week and I am still on vacation mode. I'm trying to get myself back to reality here and it's taking a longer time than expected :) Yeah, go ahead and pinch me !

Unbelievably, I can't remember the last time I've sandstepped on VABeach. It must have been at least more than 10 years! And same as TT. The only memory I had of VAB from the first experience was the warm water and the longer drive (in comparison to Ocean City which my family try to go every year). TT has a friend down there so this year we decided to go VABeach. We had reserved an oceanfront suite but TT's friend has an empty house at the time so she kindly offered us the space thus we canceled the suites. And if you don't know by now, TT and I have the best luck with the beach weather. The sunday drive there- it was raining cats&dogs! TT and I just looked at each other and laugh. Urgh! When we arrived there, we called it a day and our friends took us to a local buffet. The house where we stayed was a 9 mile drive to the beach but an advantage was knowing the good local seafood restaurants which saved from spending like a tourist ;)

Did I mention that it was a family-oriented vacation? Imagine 3 families - 14 people. We went with TT's sister and her family, TT's brother, and Daniel and his family. And the house was perfect, had 3 separate rooms and their own 3 bathrooms. We arrived first under the rain and our other family/friend arrived on the following day. I think TT and I had some luck of the others that's why the sun decided to slowly shine on the day that they arrived! Thanks to them, we at least had 2 good days on the beach out of our 4-day mini vacation ! Which was another reason why we didn't want to go by ourselves ;) !!!

Altogether, it was very relaxing, pleasant and most importantly we had a great time!

Here are a few snapshots from my G10. Some were processed, some were almost SOOC:

We took a stroll the second night, it was cloudy and we didn't swim that day. This was very cute and made a scene- bboy was mimicking his cousin. We told him it was ok, that the water won't wet his shorts, but he insisted to follow his natural instinct- an instinct we hold to adulthood:

VA Beach 2009

The fathers capturing kiddies' moments and yeah I'm all in their way :)
VA Beach 2009
VA Beach 2009

Bbgirl brought her tea set and had a tea party:
VA Beach 2009
VA Beach 2009
Bboy didn't like the wave much, but bgirl totally had a blast. She told daddy to stay out there with her in the wave until there's no more wave!
VA Beach 2009
VA Beach 2009
Headed to the amusement park nightlife. The kids loved the rides and almost all of the rides the parents are allowed to tag along. They kept on wanting to go again and again. But I tried to stay away from anything that spins round and round. Those things make me dizzy. I liked the slider and hated the ferris wheel. The ferris wheel made me feel uncomfortable at the top, especially when the kids couldn't sit still and it made it shake. OMG! I could see their fair skin started to tan up:

VA Beach 2009
Skycraper- Daniel took it for a spin! holy cow, his wife had the camcorder to record but as soon as it started to spin, she was in disbelief and freaking out and didn't even record Daniel until I noticed and started screaming. She immediately handed it over to us to take over and she continued to shiver all over.
VA Beach 2009

I'll leave this last photo for you, the moon was so close yet so far away. This is the feeling I often have in life:
VA Beach 2009


Ref: our blog for more photos

0 comments:

Post a Comment